Friday, July 23, 2010

Mobile Bay on the Gulf of Mexico






I decided to visit the Blue Gill restaurant on Mobile Bay
and have a cool drink on a 102 degree , humid day!

At the back of the deck area there was a narrow, wooden
walkway over the intercoastal waterway.
There were no guard rails, it was just bay water
about 2 feet below the wooden walkway below me.

I had my camera and was looking for dragonflys to photograph,
and almost fell backwards when an alligator appeared below me
and was looking up at me!

Alligators in the Mobile bay are as numerous as ants in an ant hill!

I saw boats bringing in the boom used for the oil well spill in the bay
and marshland areas...will post photos of those for you..

I saw a fisherman who was going out of the canal into the bay to fish...among
the alligators...

Also a young couple coming in on a boat to have a beer at the restaurant
and who had tied their boat off, at the deck area...

A musician who plays on the open deck each day at 6 p.m.

I hope you enjoy the alligators, dragonflys,and the people on Mobile Bay,
Alabama, USA.

No comments: